Pan Roasted Buffalo Almond Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped Buffalo Blue Wing Flavored Almonds
- ½ pound of coarsely chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon of sugar-free maple syrup
- 4 individual tablespoons of olive oil
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- 4-5 large, fresh, and cage free boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup plain no sugar added Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-2 lemon slices
- Fresh Parsley
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Combine Buffalo Blue Flavored Almonds, carrots, syrup and 2 tablespoons of olive oil on a large baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- In a large skillet, heat the other two tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat.
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook thighs on one side until they turn golden brown (5-9 minutes).
- Flip chicken thighs to other side and place the skillet in the oven and roast another 10-15 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- To create yogurt dip, mix no sugar added Greek yogurt, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Add carrots and almond mixture and fresh tarragon in chicken skillet, top with lemon slices, and serve with yogurt on the side.
Sweet and Spicy Family Dinner
Make a dish that everyone in the family will love. Combine your taste buds for a little bit of sweet and spicy without adding unwanted calories and junk to your dinner. Pan Roasted Buffalo Almond Chicken Thighs are an excellent source of protein, healthy fats, and a hearty portion of veggies for a well rounded low carb meal. This chicken dish is so good; you’ll think it’s take-out from your favorite restaurant.